Brief overview of the Project
Highadmit projects was part of the successful multimillion pound faculty of engineering building for the University of the West of England, delivering state of the art teaching and research facilities.
The building, which is located at the University’s main Frenchay Campus, features engine test cells, wind tunnels and dedicated learning spaces to accommodate a wide-range of engineering disciplines such as composite manufacturing, machining and metrology. It’s home to all of the University’s undergraduate and postgraduate engineering programmes, accommodating more than 1,600 students along with 100 academic and teaching staff.
Highadmit projects provided the full MEP service from RIBA stage 4 to 5 right up to Commissioning and a successful completion.
The Electrical Installation included:
- Full internal and external Lighting system including automatic controls
- Emergency Lighting monitoring system
- Low voltage distribution system
- Cat 6 structured data cabling system
- Accessible WC alarm
- Fire & Refuge alarm
- Lightning Protection
- Security systems including CCTV & Access Control
- Photovoltaic system